Announcement: Firmware 3.7.0 Released

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
brahn
Bot?: No

Announcement: Firmware 3.7.0 Released

Post by brahn »

Firmware v3.7.0 is now available here:

http://wiki.embeddedcc.com/index.php/Fi ... and_Errata

Please Note: The BCS now defaults to using the temperature probe coefficients for Brewer's Hardware temperature probes. Please backup/restore your configuration when upgrading if you are not using Brewer's Hardware temperature probes. The coefficients for the old ECC probes are available here:
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10

New Features:
Controller now defaults to Brewer's Hardware temperature probe coefficients
Email on Alarm
7 Segment / LED style temperature display
Timers/Wins not used in the current process are disabled/greyed out
Numerous bugfixes in the interface for Chrome users - alarm looping now works properly, reduced flicker in other elements
The reset button now functions as specified on the Wiki
Updated library code - hardware drivers and TCP/IP stack
BCS-462 initializes each PID output to a unique temperature probe
Rick

Re: Announcement: Firmware 3.7.0 Released

Post by Rick »

I updated my firmware and it now says I have 3.7.0 I must be missing something because my temp gauges are all still dials. Probably something stupid I'm doing, but I can't find the digital segment temps. I looked at all the 'versions' of the dials large and small, but no option for digital. It has the ability to input an email for the alarm, so I think the update was successful. Any help?
Brewbud

Post by Brewbud »

Mine is still dials at V3.7 too. I read "7 segment display" as meaning it is now compatible with the dual readout LED displays like those used on the Brewtroller systems by utilizing the EXP0 and EXP1 connections. Darned if I can find the link to those now though!

But then again, that could also be me reading what I was already contemplating into my interpretation :?
brahn

Post by brahn »

There is an option under Miscellaneous System Settings called "Use LED style temperature display" that will enable the 7 segment displays.

The BCS has been compatible with external LED displays over I2C for quite some time already.
Rick

Post by Rick »

There they are! I knew it was just something I was missing. Thanks so much, it's working great.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Great, I'm glad it's working well for you!
aleforce

Post by aleforce »

Thanks again for the update. Nice addition to the main screen. Interesting that on my Samsung Tablet Chrome works with it, also on my PC and MAC. Firefox works on the PC (firefox v.18) but not the MAC (firefox v.19) when the 7 digit display has processes on (green numbers on the display). Guess I'll start using Chrome when viewing on the mac computer.
Off We Go Into The Wild Brew Yonder!
mavantix

Post by mavantix »

brahn wrote:Please Note: The BCS now defaults to using the temperature probe coefficients for Brewer's Hardware temperature probes. Please backup/restore your configuration when upgrading if you are not using Brewer's Hardware temperature probes. The coefficients for the old ECC probes are available here:
http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10
Can you expand on this a bit, particularly for the thermo's I bought, I have different figures in my 3.6.0 BCS than the above link. I got them with the BCS before Brewers Hardware, model # IPT-410K from the receipt. Any way to confirm I'm using the correct coefficients?