Strange Network Issues - Help!?

Get help and insight.
cartdan

Re: Strange Network Issues - Help!?

Post by cartdan »

Tried hooking up the BCS this morning, with the BCS at 192.168.1.69 and the routers IP range from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.60. Still couldn't connect to the BCS or ping it. Tried manually entering the text from Sizz, but still no luck. I got these results from the arp -a:

Interface: 192.168.1.6 --- 0x2
Internet Address Physical Address Type
192.168.1.1 00-90-4b-35-f2-ec dynamic
192.168.1.2 00-07-e9-4a-2a-db dynamic
192.168.1.69 aa-00-02-00-e2-0c static

I guess I'm going to try a new router, but if that doesn't work I think I'll just start smashing things with a hammer. :evil:
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Post by gbrewer »

Turn DHCP back on. See if it works
cartdan

Post by cartdan »

New router didn't work either, no surprise there. But I had to try it. Even reset the unit so that it would try to connect via DHCP. No luck.

Any chance I can ship my unit back in and see if you can try it out and see if you see an problem? I was just kidding about the hammer (sorta)... I know I've had it for a while now, but I've never been able to use it. I even went to the trouble of putting 2 heating elements in my mash tun and wiring my shed for 220V, so I really hate to just give up at this point.

LMK,

- Dan
ECC
Bot?: No

Post by ECC »

Hey Dan. Have you tried a hard reset? I agree with gbrewer, try to run with a clean DHCP. All of the static ip settings just confuse the matter.
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... Hard_Reset

Send me an email if you want to send the unit back for testing. I think you've already proved that the BCS functions well on your work network. But I'll definitely give you a refund if you're not happy with it.
cartdan

Post by cartdan »

Yes, I tried the hard reset yesterday, now I cannot access the unit at all. I'd like to send it back to have you check it out, but not for a refund. Although I do really appreciate that you would do that at this point. I'll send you an email this afternoon.

Thanks,

- Dan
cartdan

Post by cartdan »

Just to wrap up this thread, I sent the unit back and Adam fixed it right up for me. Works fine now, even with DHCP on. Evidently the unit was losing packets somehow and that's what was causing my problems. Thanks to Adam for fixing everything! I can finally get this thing in place and controlling my system now.