BCS worked in IE, not in Firefox or Safari

Get help and insight.
sjlammer
Bot?: No

BCS worked in IE, not in Firefox or Safari

Post by sjlammer »

I got my BCS about two weeks ago, and have been having a hell of a time getting it to sync up with Firefox and Safari. I would type in the IP address of the BCS (plugged in to my 'puter), and it would always get stuck on the startup page on both Firefox and Safari. The weird thing is that it seems to load fine on IE.

I checked everything: security settings, firewall, antivirus shield. Nothing was working. So i brought it into my IT department at work and was showing them. Randomly i copied the IP address for the states page (rather than the index.html page) out of IE, and pasted it into Firefox, and bammmm, it worked. Well WTF...

Turns out the difference between the index.html page, and all the other pages, is that the index page has java applets. When i looked again at the index page i found out that everything was loading except the temp gauges, which are java applets.

I just downloaded firefox and safari, and supposedly the link is not made between the existing java programs i have on my 'puter, and the new browsers.

So i downloaded, and ran "Java Runtime Environment" from within firefox...... Next thing I know.... IT WORKS!!!

So, if you are having problems, try reinstaling JRE from within the browser.

~Sean
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: BCS worked in IE, not in Firefox or Safari

Post by ECC »

Glad you're up and running! I think there needs to be a troubleshooting guide on the wiki, this would make a great entry. Thanks for sharing.