Problems connecting to controller

Get help and insight.
tarheels

Problems connecting to controller

Post by tarheels »

I'm having problems connecting to the bcs. I connected the first time with no trouble and after about 10 min i lost connection. My dad hooked up his laptop and connected with no problems. We are hooked up direct using the default IP address. Both laptops had the same network settings but mine just doesn't work now. Thanks in advance for any help. Eric
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Problems connecting to controller

Post by ECC »

Have you tried the Additional Network Setup instructions? http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... work_Setup

Most computers (windows anyway) default to a 196.254.x.x subnet when there is no router (DHCP server) attached to the port. This allows the the BCS-460 to hook directly to most computers with no additional setup. However, some computers default to a different subnet. If your computer and the BCS are on different subnets, they cannot communicate. The instructions above change the IP of the computer to be in the same subnet as the BCS-40.
tarheels

Re: Problems connecting to controller

Post by tarheels »

we got it hooked up. we used the settings thats under OSX connections and it worked. but wat is wierd is its not a mac. the only difference is the subnet mask is 250.250.250.0 instead of 250.250.0.0