Wireless Access?

Get help and insight.
microbusbrew

Re: Wireless Access?

Post by microbusbrew »

nice p-lay, i didn't know you could do that. i've never tried tomato but i heard it and ddwrt have similar features so you're probably right.

ronrock, regarding the default gateway, anyone please correct me if i'm wrong but i believe you'd want to have the default gateway on the bcs-460 set to the AP's ip address. then the default gateway on the AP set to your router's ip address. i'm not positive though. i access my bcs-460 wirelessly from my laptop, but it's mounted in my basement next to my router so it's hard-wired to the switch.
RonRock
Bot?: No

Post by RonRock »

Thanks P-Lay, I'm just trying to get a handle on how to create a Static DHCP IP. Sounds like that may be worth a bit of study time.
RonRock
Bot?: No

Post by RonRock »

My Router does not support Static DHCP. So I'm back to setting a Static IP.

Right now my BCS is working fine on my LAN. On the Ethernet Settings page it shows my current IP as 102.168.2.11 and the Update Settings section shows IP 169.254.0.63 and the Enable DHCP box is checked. Subnet Mask and Gateway are the same in both sections.

Am I correct that I can put the current IP 192.168.2.11 in the Update Settings replacing the default IP and uncheck the Enable DHCP box, Apply and Reset. That should set my BCS at a Static IP of 192.168.2.11 and work with my LAN.

Sound right?