Digi 16 Voltage Regulator

Get help and insight.
rosier9
Bot?: No

Digi 16 Voltage Regulator

Post by rosier9 »

Hi,
I have a couple Digi 16's laying around, I would like to add the voltage regulator(s) so I can use more than one on my system. I failed to specify that when I ordered these several years ago. So my question is - do I need both voltage regulators or just the 5v? Seems like the 3.3v is for the microcontroller. Is the i2c expander connected on the 3.3v side or the 5v side? Also, it looks like I will have to put a couple capacitors on as well, is it just the two next to the voltage regs that are required? They show up as 6uF on my meter, I will probably just put in some 10 uF that I have laying around...

Thanks for the help!
Brian
Backyard Brewer
Bot?: No

Re: Digi 16 Voltage Regulator

Post by Backyard Brewer »

Brian,
There are several other components. Send me an email derrin (a) brewershardware com and I'll get you the difference in BOMS and component locations.

Derrin
rosier9 wrote:Hi,
I have a couple Digi 16's laying around, I would like to add the voltage regulator(s) so I can use more than one on my system. I failed to specify that when I ordered these several years ago. So my question is - do I need both voltage regulators or just the 5v? Seems like the 3.3v is for the microcontroller. Is the i2c expander connected on the 3.3v side or the 5v side? Also, it looks like I will have to put a couple capacitors on as well, is it just the two next to the voltage regs that are required? They show up as 6uF on my meter, I will probably just put in some 10 uF that I have laying around...

Thanks for the help!
Brian