7 segment display

Get help and insight.
bonanza
Bot?: No

Re: 7 segment display

Post by bonanza »

How do I figure out the FW version of the display, Jon?

Thanks, Joe
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

When you power it up, it will light all segments, then show firmware version, then show I2C address.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Mine work fine and I'm running BCS firmware 3.6.0. I did have issues with the displays freezing or dropping with a newer BCS firmware. Two of my displays are version 6.6.1 and one of them is version 6.6.2. I haven't followed the previous posts but I assume you guys are running a seperate 6-12v power supply for just the displays?
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

Thanks Jon

The FW of the display is 6.6.2

Sam, I have a separate power supply running.

This power supply has 5V and 12V in one but I connected only the 12V part to the display and the neg on the BCS and Display as the manual says.

Should I try to power the BCS with the same supply as it has 5V as well?
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

BTW, I have another BCS 460 with 3.7.0 here and will try it tomorrow to see what the display does with that one.

Also 4 other new displays are coming in those days to test drive them.
davidmathews

Post by davidmathews »

I'm running 6.6.2 on my displays and like i said before 3.7.0 on the BCS 462's

EMF is highly unlikely if not impossible. It's in a test bed as is to check stability and function before i spend all the time putting together boxes. The BCS is powered by the included ~5V wall wort and the PID displays are powered by a lab grade 12V supply. There is no AC anywhere near the system, the only possibly noise would be coming from the included power supply. I'll scope the output of the wort to see if there is HF noise in it. That would be rather silly if the included PS is causing the issue though.

The only things i have connected as of now is: 5 temp sensors, 3 PID displays, and 1 double H-Bridge controlling 2 valves. Removing the H bridge has no effect. I think it's a clock sync issue, but i'm not entirely sure. Haven't had time to scope the IC2 output yet but that's my next step. And as an aside, reading the WIKI it appears to me support for the displays was added in 3.7.0, so flashing the 3.4.5 firmware is not going to help. The BCS appears to be running just fine though, i have it set to open and close the valves based on temp, and that appears to work without issue. So thats a plus, but i need the displays to function for the BCS to work for me.

Thanks for your responses, here's hoping we can resolve this thing
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

davidmathews wrote:And as an aside, reading the WIKI it appears to me support for the displays was added in 3.7.0, so flashing the 3.4.5 firmware is not going to help.
Support for the displays has been in for a while. I use them on 3.4.5 and SamIam is using 3.6.0. My thought is that 3.7.0 is the problem.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

JonW wrote:Support for the displays has been in for a while. I use them on 3.4.5 and SamIam is using 3.6.0. My thought is that 3.7.0 is the problem.
I had trouble with them on 3.7.0 as well so I rolled back to 3.6.0.
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

Today I connected the power supply (5V and 12V) to run the BCS as well but the issue is the same.

I'm waiting to get the other displays in to try the other BCS with 3.7.0 FW.
davidmathews

Post by davidmathews »

Flashed 3.6.0 to the BCS, No effect. Other ideas?