Glitch in Celsius Mode

Get help and insight.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Glitch in Celsius Mode

Post by oakbarn »

There is a problem with the LED Display (Settings Systems => Miscellaneous System Settings => Use LED style temperature display) on the Main Control Panel when Celsius Mode (Settings Systems => Miscellaneous System Settings =>Celsius Mode) is clicked.

The Main Control Show a Single Black Box with out any Red or Green regardless of how many Temp Probes are enabled (except 0).

Ver 3.7.0
Chrome
BrianC

Re: Glitch in Celsius Mode

Post by BrianC »

There was a 3.7.1 firmware update that addressed some Celsius issues with the LED displays. I'd probably check into that first.

http://wiki.embeddedcc.com/index.php/Fi ... and_Errata
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I just got my BCS and thought it had the latest firmware. I will update.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Note to self: Update Firmware everytime! :oops:
noisecontrol

Post by noisecontrol »

I am using 3.7.1 and it still has glitches at times. It depends on the process and setpoints but every now and then all temp displays disappear. If I then turn off the process, it immediately comes back and shows all temps. For example I set process one with a ramp and it all disappears. Turn off process 1 and it all comes back instantly.
Attachments
BCS Temp.png
BCS Temp.png (61.63 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
brahn

Post by brahn »

I fixed the issues I was able to replicate in 3.7.1. I probably didn't test with ramp enabled. I can try that and see if I can replicate this issue.
noisecontrol

Post by noisecontrol »

Ah found the problem! If the setpoint uses a decimal point it does this, which is what happens with the ramp. Whole numbers are fine. In the above picture the setpoint is 14.9.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Ok, thanks! Glad to know there's a reason for this at least. I'm really focused on 4.0 right now, but I'll see if there's a quick fix for this issue that we can release.