Output 0-5 malfunctioning, can I resign PID functions?

Get help and insight.
kevmo
Bot?: No

Output 0-5 malfunctioning, can I resign PID functions?

Post by kevmo »

I have 462. My outputs 0-5 are malfunctioning. 2 of the outputs seem to be completely dead and the other 4 remained powered on regardless of what do I from the control panel.

I can work with the remaining outputs if I can assign PID functions to them. However, I can't seem to find a way to resign the PID functions from any other output than 0-5. Is there a way to resign them? If not, can I repair the 0-5 outputs or do I need a whole knew box?

I'd really like to get this worked out in the next few days. I have a project next week that relies on PID functionality.

Thanks!
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Output 0-5 malfunctioning, can I resign PID functions?

Post by JonW »

No, the PID functions are for outputs 0-5 only, they cannot be reassigned.

What did you have attached to the outputs? Specifically, what kind of relay, etc. and what type of current draw did they pull? Any lightning strikes?

Hate to ask the obvious questions, but have you done a hard reset on it and then rechecked it? Without using PID functions, can you manually turn the outputs on or off from the main control page? Any ladder logic that might be interfering with output control?
kevmo

Post by kevmo »

JonW wrote:What did you have attached to the outputs? Specifically, what kind of relay, etc. and what type of current draw did they pull? Any lightning strikes?

Hate to ask the obvious questions, but have you done a hard reset on it and then rechecked it? Without using PID functions, can you manually turn the outputs on or off from the main control page? Any ladder logic that might be interfering with output control?
The relays are on a 12vdc board (same one in this thread http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=489). No lightning strikes that I am aware of. They controlled EBVs and solenoids.

I have not hard reset. It might be a good reason to upgrade the firmware. I just dread reconfiguring. It's been years since I fiddled with the BCS. I'll give it ago tomorrow.

Manual controls do not work. 4 ports stay on and 2 stay off.

There's nothing on the ladder logic page.
kevmo

Post by kevmo »

Fiddled with it a bunch today. Just couldn't get it to work. Decided to just buy a new one. The thing has endured 3 years of abuse. Thanks for your help.