BCS locking up every 60 seconds or so...

Get help and insight.
ThePol
Bot?: No

BCS locking up every 60 seconds or so...

Post by ThePol »

Been doing some water tests on my new BCS system. Problem being that after about 60 seconds, my control locks up... sometimes it is as simple as reloading the screen by re entering the IP addy int he URL line.

Other times, this will not work... it will load partially, but stop before the temp. gauges are up and the outputs and such.

Is there something I can configure?
ECC

Re: BCS locking up every 60 seconds or so...

Post by ECC »

Yes. The refresh rate might be set a little too fast for your network setup. Try bumping it out to 2sec or so and see if that helps. Its in the upper left hand corner of the main control page.

What happens is that Firefox sends requests every 'refresh' period, where it tries to load data from the BCS. If the BCS doesn't respond in a certain amount of time, firefox will retry the request. But it will continue to make new requests, so they kind of pile up and you see sluggish performance. Not sure if you've ever used Firebug (firefox addon), but it will allow you to see the requests go out, and how long they take to come back. Normal round trip time is anywhere from 50ms to 200ms.

If the interface were a little smarter, it would sense the requests not coming back, and automatically slow down the refresh rate. This is a feature that I'd like to add in the future.
jmurm

Post by jmurm »

do i have to use fire fox or can i just use google chrome. I was having a similar problem, but i think this might have answered my problem. I am also having trouble getting my temp to stay in, it keeps going to 0
ECC

Post by ECC »

Chrome is supported as well. If you are reading 0deg sporadically, check for a loose wire.
jmurm

Post by jmurm »

The Temp probe always has a temp, but when i program The heating of my water to 156 in my first state it always jumps to 0 when i start the state. I do get a bunch of NANANANA a lot when things start freaking out. I am now having trouble getting my wireless internet to work now, and can not get it back on my computer any help with that?
ECC

Post by ECC »

If you're using a wireless router, we suggest using a static IP address (vs. DHCP).
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... reless_FAQ

In this mode, you disable DHCP so that the BCS always uses the IP address that you give it in the Ethernet Settings page.
jmurm

Post by jmurm »

I do hook my computer straight to the bcs. I still can not get my computer back online do u have a step by step directions, because i am a ratard.
ECC

Post by ECC »

PM sent