Output Voltage

Get help and insight.
mattscottu
Bot?: No

Output Voltage

Post by mattscottu »

First Post... So first off hello brewers

Same old story I suppose. Bought a BCS 462 a couple months back. Have a 2 tier 3 burner gas setup with one pump. Bought the Cheapo Chinese 3-32VDC SSR's off of amazon. First off I have found one faulty SSR for the pump and the other 3 have been tested with a nine volt battery and are fine. My problem is that the output voltage on the BCS range is between 3.4 VDC and 3.9VDC. I have checked all outputs and none of them are at 5 VDC. I am wondering what other ppl's average output voltage is. I know it is supposed to be 5 but what is the average slightly below slightly high? The 3 SOV relays are cycling as the output voltage dips. Hard to use this way! Lookin for any info before I get ahold of Brewers Hardware for help..
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Output Voltage

Post by JonW »

Voltages should be a stable 5v. I would unplug the screw terminals to disconnect anything wired up and then check the output from the BCS. You may have something sinking a lot of current or it could simply be that the power supply is defective.
mattscottu

Re: Output Voltage

Post by mattscottu »

With everything unplugged I get the following voltages
OUT 0 4.2 VDC
OUT-1 4.2
OUT-2 1.3
OUT-3 3.4
OUT-4 4.0
OUT-5 .9

OUT-6 through 17 all at 4.2 VDC

Even on the +5 Volt Terminal Im getting 4.2 VDC. One of the two bad SSR's might have caused a partial short? dropping the voltage down. Sounds like these can be sent in for repair?