Damaged BCS

Get help and insight.
bergerrings
Bot?: No

Damaged BCS

Post by bergerrings »

Hi Everyone,

I have been re-wiring my brewery this weekend and I think I may have accidentally damaged my bcs. Not sure exactly what happened but possibly ran some 12V through either some outputs or some temperature probes.

Anyway, now with 'all stop' on the bcs and only the bsc receiving power, there seems to be voltage across a few of my outputs. I'm reading 3.5V DC when I test between ground and four of my outs, with the rest showing 0. I'm pretty sure the 12V didn't go through those outputs, that's what has got my very confused. It's 3am over hear and I've been at it all day but I am pretty sure there shouldn't be any voltage across the outputs with them off. So I think I may have partially fried the BSC, does that sound like the most plausible option here?

Everything else on the bcs seems to work fine, the other outputs work, the temp probes that are still connected work and I can obviously access it so is it possible that just those 4 outputs fried?

Would a reset do anything? I wouldn't think so...?

Any thoughts/words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated....this has been driving me nuts!

I have been lagering a rachbeir in one of my conicals and hoped to brew a rye IPA next weekend so I would like to get this sorted asap...just hope I don't need a new bcs.

Thanks everyone!
oakbarn

Re: Damaged BCS

Post by oakbarn »

Have you done a soft reset? Umplug the power to the BCS then re power. Check your voltage then. If you have any processes that "Start", you should have them all off. The "All Stop" does not always act like a true "All Stop" depending on how the BCS is setup. ”? " If you have a Process asserted in Ladder Logic and the conditions are still true for the Rung Logic, the Process will not stop. In fact, if a Process is in a “Coil” slot in Ladder Logic, you have lost control to the Ladder. Any “Outs” asserted by the Active Process will still be “on”.
bergerrings

Re: Damaged BCS

Post by bergerrings »

Thanks for your reply oakbarn.

Unfortunately I have tried all of that. Cycling the power results in no change, I have turned off the 'run at power on' thing for all my processes and from memory, I don't have any ladder logic. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a hard reset, I'm hoping to not have to resort to this as it's always a ball breaker getting the network connectivity back. I opened up the BCS and looked for any physical damage (I was hoping for some black marks across the damaged outputs) but couldn't see anything.

I'm thinking now that I might just have to write off those four outputs and get a digi16 to replace them.