Which hard reset for a static ip address change?

Get help and insight.
cyberbackpacker

Which hard reset for a static ip address change?

Post by cyberbackpacker »

I want to set a static ip for my bcs, but in the ethernet settings it states that I need to perform a reset before the change takes effect.

Well, the wiki "reset" instructions do not explicitly cover this. Do I need to hold it between 0-10 seconds, 10-20, 20-30 seconds...?

Thanks. I am inching along, closer to full implementation. Getting the static IP setup will allow me to get my BCS working on my wireless network! Plus I just got an iTouch, so am considering the brew buddy app too.

Thanks in advance.
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Which hard reset for a static ip address change?

Post by ECC »

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... stem_Reset
On the systems settings page, press the "Reset the Controller" button at the top of the page. Unplugging the BCS would have the same effect. Hard Reset isn't what you want, that would wipe out saved settings (including your static ip address).
cyberbackpacker

D'oh! Thanks for clearing that up! Consider me a knucklehead! :D
cyberbackpacker

Success! My BCS is now wireless! It is a very nice feature... and I must admit it is pretty sweet to be sitting on the couch with the wife and pull out the ipod and check on my brewery!

Thanks again.

Next thing is, I will need to start getting into the nitty gritty of processes; so far I have had very elementary needs with ferm/kegerator control... so be on the lookout 8-)

-Kevin