BCS-462 Won't Hard Reset

Get help and insight.
JLo
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-462 Won't Hard Reset

Post by JLo »

Tried the manual connection on another computer. That didn't work either.
I really don't want to buy another one if this one works and I'm just doing something wrong.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I really doubt it is dead, but I don't know what else to tell you to try. If you want, ship it to Brewers Hardware with a note asking them to hold for JonW. I can swing by and get it to diagnose the issue.
JLo

Post by JLo »

Thanks JonW
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

If you are doing everything right, then the BCS may have an issue. I have 2 BCS 462s and was updating one last night and I was tearing my hair out as it seemed that I was having the exact same problem as you. I stepped back and took a break. I came back and checked all my setup. I had put the Ethernet Cable in the WAN slot on the Router from my BCS. I moved the cable to a LAN slot and it worked just fine. It might be something as simple as that.
JLo

Post by JLo »

I've ordered an additional 460 and will attempt to reset the 462 again before I send it in for a once over.

I'm going to use the 460 to power my BrewEasy setup and I'll use the 462 as my fermentation controller. I'm interested to see how I can get my BeerBugs and the 462 working together to achieve various fermentation profiles.