Auto Ignition

Get help and insight.
Interlope
Bot?: No

Re: Auto Ignition

Post by Interlope »

Thanks again !
Last thing ; does it have to work with a pilot flame like in the video, or a hot surface ignitor can be enough to light the burner ?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'm no expert on those.... you'll need to research what they offer.
Interlope

Post by Interlope »

Okay, will do !
thanks
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I never finished my auto ignition. I have a flame detector, valves, hot plate ignititors and valves as well as a white furnace valve. Since I use propane, I cannot use the White valve as the pressure provided by propane is too high. I simply did not feel comfotable with relying on the flame detector. I am not sure I will ever implement it although I am planning to at least add the hot plate ignititors even if manually controlled.
Interlope

Post by Interlope »

I've finally found something that may help.
On a british homebrewing board, this guy used a gas burner controller that works with ignition and flame detection probes :

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2701

From what I understand, I'd then just have to plug the TFi 812 in the BCS, and set it as the "heating element" in the BCS software. So when the TFi controller gets under power, it switches on the ignition transformer, and 5 seconds later the gas solenoid valve. If the flame gets blown, (so no flame is detected by the probe), it retries three times. If it still doesn't detect a flame, it closes the valve and the alarm buzzes.

Anyone knows this kind of thing ?

Max