Ladder refresh issue in ver 4.0.0 beta 2

Get help and insight.
bighefty
Bot?: No

Ladder refresh issue in ver 4.0.0 beta 2

Post by bighefty »

I'm having an issue where the ladder page will not dynamically update for me in 4.0.0 beta 2. I have my alarm set to register 10 in the settings. I also have a ladder rung set to trigger output 4 when register 10 is active. However, when I reach alarm status the rung will not show as it's active. I know it is because I've checked the status of the rung in the API and it reports true all the way through output 4. It will show that the rung is active if I drag another wire over to the rung. It will also show that it's active if I switch from the ladder tab to another and then back. It seems as if it's just not refreshing for me. I've tried it with processes too. I tried different computers, different browsers, rebooted, etc. Same thing. I even flashed back to 3.7 and it works fine. Flashed back to a virgin flash file, added a simple process to check it, and no go. Anyone else having this problem?
Attachments
ladder-err.JPG
ladder-err.JPG (80.81 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Ladder refresh issue in ver 4.0.0 beta 2

Post by JonW »

Is this strictly a UI display issue? e.g. The functionality works fine, just when on the ladder logic page the display is incorrect?
bighefty

Post by bighefty »

Yep, strictly a UI display issue. I get 5v out as soon as the alarm triggers and it goes back to 0v as soon as I click dismiss.
bighefty

Post by bighefty »

FYI, I also downgraded to beta 1 and it does the same thing.
brahn

Post by brahn »

The ladder ui does not refresh automatically. It refreshes when a change is made to ladder logic or when the page is redrawn. It requires far too many calls to the device to redraw the page automatically, and the interface is only designed to be used to build ladder logic and not during a brewing session. This seemed like a reasonable compromise, and works similar to the functionality in 3.x which requires pushing a button to refresh. The button in this case is the reload/refresh browser button.
bighefty

Post by bighefty »

brahn wrote:The ladder ui does not refresh automatically. It refreshes when a change is made to ladder logic or when the page is redrawn. It requires far too many calls to the device to redraw the page automatically, and the interface is only designed to be used to build ladder logic and not during a brewing session. This seemed like a reasonable compromise, and works similar to the functionality in 3.x which requires pushing a button to refresh. The button in this case is the reload/refresh browser button.
Thanks for clearing that up! It's certainly a reasonable compromise and I'm relieved to know that my new BCS462 is running as it should. :)