Password Change Issue

Get help and insight.
jessewien
Bot?: No

Password Change Issue

Post by jessewien »

Hi, I'm running the latest version of the 4.0 firmware and immediately after changing the admin password, I can no longer log in with that password!? I am certain that I'm typing it out correctly because I still had the BCS screen open (with password showing) when I got locked out and couldn't get back in. Note: I also tried the default of admin/control and that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
jessewien

Re: Password Change Issue

Post by jessewien »

Has anyone else had luck changing from the default admin password on their BCS running the v4 firmware? I'm currently locked out (except for readonly access)!
jessewien

Post by jessewien »

Update: I had to do a 15 second reset to get back into the BCS.

Since then, I have tried setting the password again, with a 10 character password and it never works. I don't know what the trick is to set a password and actually be able to log in with it. If anyone has a clue, please let me know, as I'd like to secure my BCS and access it on the internet.

I am using the Chrome browser and BCS 4.0 Public Beta 3.

Thanks.
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

I'm still using beta 1 and it works. I had an issue a while back with my browser saving an incorrect password and loading that in when I would attempt to login. Cleared the cookies and it worked. Have you tried that?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Passwords are a maximum of 8 characters. If you are trying to set a 10 character password, try only the first 8 of it to see if you can access your BCS.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I did a little testing with the latest beta:

It seems you can have a 9 character password.

If you try to enter a 10 or more Character password, you have locked yourself out. It does not seem to truncate which was the behavior in beta 2.

The page still says 10 characters are allowed.

Stick with 8 characters or less and it works fine without any issues.

You will need to use the default "control" password as soon as you check the checkbox to use authentication.
jessewien

Post by jessewien »

I reset the BCS and then changed to an 8 character password and it works now . As oakbarn said, it's the in-line help is wrong... and unfortunately if you enter a 10 char password you will lock yourself out with no way to get back in, other than to reset the BCS. Thanks everyone.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Thanks, we'll get the text and the length in sync.