Make Outputs not clickable?

Get help and insight.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Make Outputs not clickable?

Post by gidi-up »

Is there a way to have the output so you can not click on them, just want them to be a visual indicator just like the inputs are.
Output clickable.png
Output clickable.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 3322 times

Due to I was on my iPhone and the BK1 Elements was accidentally clicked/brushed over and the Elements kicked on and well it burned up a $500 15kw element, so not extreamly happy at the moment :o

So not sure if something like this can be done or if there is a way to do this now OR just make the link run the Process it is related to, which might be ugly as a output can be run by multiple process, just thinking.
output-settings.png
output-settings.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 3322 times

Thanks

Jerry
BrunDog

Re: Make Outputs not clickable?

Post by BrunDog »

That's a good idea. Same could be said of processes. I have accidentally started processes which could have led to disaster but luckily didn't.

Maybe a "lock" box/button on the main screen to prevent buttons and processes from being selected.

-BD
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

I have in all of all of my Processes a check before continue, so 'Wait for input' OR a Input that checks to make sure levels in tanks are correct and valves off/on, so I am not to worried about a process starting but those hyperlinking Outputs bypass all checks and can be dangerous to say the last and well in my case very costly.

So just thinking of safety as it is way to easy to mis-click when using touch screens or even a mouse click due to a page delay.

Jerry
brahn

Post by brahn »

I'll have to think about how to best implement this. I think it makes sense. It is pretty easy to click those buttons, especially on touch. I usually control my brewing from my phone and I've done it before, albeit without any significant consequences.