Issue Accessing BCS Remotely

Get help and insight.
uksniggity
Bot?: No

Issue Accessing BCS Remotely

Post by uksniggity »

I currently have a BCS 462 that is connected to my home network via a client adapter. I have no problems accessing my BCS when in my home network, however, I cannot access it from outside the network. I setup port forwarding inside my router. I have tested the port forwarding by setting up a web server on one of my PC's. The port forwarding is working correctly. I even connected one of my computers to my network via the same client adapter my BCS uses and the web server worked like a charm. So, at this point it should not be an issue with my router and it should not be an issue with the client adapter. Both worked properly with my web server. Any ideas why the BCS does not appear to be responding to web requests from outside of my local network? Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Issue Accessing BCS Remotely

Post by JonW »

Are you using a static IP or a DHCP lease? Ensure that the default gateway is set correctly for the BCS as without that, reply's will not make it outbound. You can access a BCS on your local network even if the default gateway is incorrect since the traffic does not travel off the local network.

There are many here that use the BCS via port forwarding and have no issues. I even have a configuration that I use IIS to do URL rewriting of the BCS to embed content into a custom URL beneath my website.
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

I am using dyndns and port forwarding on my home router. There is a netgear range extender in place now. The internal network access as well as remote works fine. I am using dyndns as I do not have a static IP from my ISP. I do notice once a month my range extender needs a reboot but other than that everything is working flawless victory.

http://bruehol.kicks-ass.org/ <== We choose this from dyndns

admin
br3w1ng
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Try "Teamviewer". It is free for personal use and you do not need to worry about ports etc. It does require 2 PCs however. I have an Old Laptop that I use just for connecting to the BCS from afar.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
uksniggity

Post by uksniggity »

So, after messing with the settings it has started working. I have no idea why as the settings are the same as I tried earlier. Frustrating, but glad it works now. Appreciate your help and suggestions.