DINS -- Serious issue or me?

Get help and insight.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

DINS -- Serious issue or me?

Post by gidi-up »

In finally getting my Brewery up and running and testing I have found a "issue ?" with DINS.

I have a HLT, it has 3 Float switches that are supplied with 5vdc, so when the water level is low then there is not DC going back to the BCS (OFF) but when full 5vdc flows (ON), basic's...

So lets say my HLT is Full and the DINS are Green, all good.
Dins -- Green.png
Dins -- Green.png (58.41 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
BUT the issue lies in when you press the 'All Stop', notice the DINS are now = OFF
dins -- all stop.png
dins -- all stop.png (57.91 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

Then only way to reset the DINS are to reset/power cycle the BCS:
dins -- reset bsc or repower.png
dins -- reset bsc or repower.png (58.1 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

BUT I would think when I ran a process it would reset the DIN for safety reasons...

So in my example say I was running my "Just run Rakes" process and pressed all stop for whatever reason.

With that in mind then 3 days later the next brew day, the 1000 gallon HLT is full to the tippy top BUT for the life of me from one day to the next remembering this little fact might slip my mind, yea...

So that morning from my iPad from home thinking of the brew day to come and I need to get ready before heading in and I see all the DINS = off, so I start the Process 'Fill HLT', which the first checks to see if the low fill DIN = Off OR On, so of course it = OFF, so the next State is to open the HLT water valve and fill the tank SOOOOO since the low DIN = Off and will never go on and for countless hours my Water is running throwing $$ down the drain of all that nice filtered water....

Which in different situation, in the Boil Kettle I have floats to protect the Elements, so off = good the elements will never fire up BUT, say the Kettle is full DIN=On boiling away, I have to press 'All Stop' for whatever reason (Dog got out , kid getting sick, Beer Glass empty and have to tap a new keg..., etc), So come back and start the process, nothing as the DIN=OFF and now you go into WTH mode to figure it out OR if you remember you have to reset the BCS after pressing 'All Stop' to reset the DINs...

SO how can on Process Start, if there are DINS present in that Process within any state do a reset on All of those DINS? Now thinking it would be nice to have this coded in but not sure if that will screw up other peoples configurations so maybe a check box within the Process or Each State to reset the DINS, then continue but that is just my thoughts ;)

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Re: DINS -- Serious issue or me?

Post by JonW »

Do any of your DINS have "One-Shot" enabled on them?
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

No, I tested with that and as expected on/off, so I tried that before writing in.

Is easy to test, just get a DIN = ON and leave ON, then push 'All Stop', you have to reset/pwr cycle to get it to go green again.

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Got it. I just reproduced it. I'll log it as a bug.

In the mean time, your two work arounds are to either stop each process instead of using All Stop, or to cycle the input open/closed, which will also force the DIN to re-register its state.
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

Thanks Jon.

Yea have workarounds embedded...

Thanks

Jerry