Timer - Continue

Get help and insight.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Timer - Continue

Post by gidi-up »

In a State 1, I have a timer to keep track of total 'Boil time', then I also have a timer for Hop Additions.
timers.png
timers.png (24.72 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
When the addition timer expires it exits to State 7 'Hop Addition' and this triggers a buzzer and light at my Boil Kettle (I have 3), then after adding the hops then going back to State 1 I want the 'Boiling time' to continue.

With that said if you have 'Continue' checked when the process start the time does not work. If you uncheck this the timer will work but when returning back to this State the timer is reset to 00:00:00 and I need it to continue

So how can this be accomplished without wasting a State just to start a timer?

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Timer - Continue

Post by JonW »

For the "Continue" option to work properly, it must have been initialized in a prior state. Because it was not initialized and running prior to your "State 1", then "State 1" ignores the "Continue" setting and must configure the initial value and start it running.

In your example, you are asking for the first trip through "State 1" to initialize and start the timer from 0:00, but then you want the next trip through "State 1" to continue running the timer. This is not possible as it needs to be one way or the other.

If you want to make multiple jumps into "State 1" and continue running the timer, then I suggest initializing the timer in "State 0".
gidi-up

Re: Timer - Continue

Post by gidi-up »

But why can not the 'Continue' Integer be preset to 00:00:00? it appears that on State start that "ContinueTimerValue" = null and it is ignored. I have used loops in other Processes and "burning" a state is really not efficient.

Then I have used all of the states within that process and can not do the suggested.

So in this Process I check wort level in boil kettle, then go to Start elements 'boil starting' which take +30 min, then when just before boiling, goto Hop addition to sound alarm, then after that goto 'boiling away' to start the hop timer and 'boiling timer', then every 15 min go back to hop state and then back to 'boiling away' (There are other states in there)

So is it possible to pre-initialize the Continue timer on process start?

Jerry