config migrator offline

Get help and insight.
battleaxebrews
Bot?: No

config migrator offline

Post by battleaxebrews »

I have my BCS460 connected to a wireless router that is not connected to the internet. To access the BCS, I just logon to its dedicated router and all is good. The downside is that I cannot browse the web while I'm controlling the BCS. I've used my BCS this way for a few years but recently (today) updated to the newest firmware (4.0) and would now like to migrate my old config files over. But can't figure out how to do it. If I'm on the web (i.e. connected to the other router in the house that has internet access), I can access the BCS Utilities, but I can't seem to migrate my files over to the BCS when I'm connected to that router. When I connect to the BCS router, the migration utility doesn't seem to work. What to do?

thanks for any help!
brahn

Re: config migrator offline

Post by brahn »

The utilities are just static web pages, they don't really need internet access to work.

Have you tried opening the web page while connected to the internet, leaving the browser open, switching to the BCS dedicated router and then typing in the address for the BCS to the migrator? I think that should work.

I do all the development hosting the web pages directly on my laptop, so that's another option as well. You just need a web server that can host static pages.
battleaxebrews

Re: config migrator offline

Post by battleaxebrews »

brahn wrote:The utilities are just static web pages, they don't really need internet access to work.

Have you tried opening the web page while connected to the internet, leaving the browser open, switching to the BCS dedicated router and then typing in the address for the BCS to the migrator? I think that should work.
Yep, I've tried exactly this but it doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried it both with the TFTP server running (just like I did the firmware update) and with it not running. Doesn't seem to make a difference as neither way works for me.
brahn wrote:I do all the development hosting the web pages directly on my laptop, so that's another option as well. You just need a web server that can host static pages.
I'm not quite sure how to do this.