4.0 upgrade problem

Get help and insight.
starsman20
Bot?: No

4.0 upgrade problem

Post by starsman20 »

I used tftpd32. It all looked like it worked but when I cycled power I only get this screen.
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (80.67 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
The finder utility does not see it but when I point the web browser to it I get that screen. One thing I did not notice until it was to late that the firmware posted is 460 and my unit is a 462. Is that the possible cause and how do I fix this? Thanks.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 upgrade problem

Post by JonW »

The file bcs460.bin works for both the 460 & 462 - there is only one image.

What is your network configuration like? What firmware version were you on prior to this update?
starsman20

Post by starsman20 »

Network is DHCP with a linksys router and only 2 devices on it, a PC and the BCS. standard 192.168.1. addresses (3 and 4) previous version was 3.7.1 I downloaded and used tftp 32. When I selected the firmware upgrade on the settings screen the tftp server popped to the front and downloaded 100%. It all looked fine best I could tell. The real question now is if there is no firmware or partial how do you get it updated? Is it possible to push the firmware to it instead of using that menu item (which doesn't exist on mine anymore). I did not back up any of my config files as I recently rewired the thing to have 15 override switches so all the output and inputs had moved. I needed to start from scratch.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

What browser are you using? I'd recommend Chrome. I've seen that screen before using anything older than IE10.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

There is no way to push an update to it.

What browser are you using and have you tried another browser?

You have the 4.0 UI showing, so it looks like the firmware loaded fine. The web server serves up the UI and then the UI polls the BCS API for the content data - which is where it appears to be failing on you.

Edit - SamIam beat me to it... really looks like a browser issue. The web technologies between 3.x and 4.x are very different and require updated browsers. IE seems to have the most problems. Chrome always seems to work well.
starsman20

Post by starsman20 »

I have chrome and will try it tonight. Initially I was using firefox but it had problems with the update rate. If that is it then great but the finder utility was not seeing it. I am wondering if I waited long enough when it was powered down. Will post tomorrow if the browser fixes it. Thanks.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Recent FireFox or Chrome should both work, as will IE >= 10.

If you're seeing that, then the firmware upgrade was successful. If you need to downgrade for some reason I can walk you through how to do it from the state that you're in using cURL, but it will take a bit of work.
starsman20

Post by starsman20 »

Good news. Got home late and turned everything on but I did not have another browser on that PC and its not connected to the internet so I gave up. On my way back into the house I saw my ipad sitting on the table and decided to give it a try. Connected it to the same network as the bcs, put the ip address in the chrome for ipad and everything came up right away. So the bcs is all good. Been wanting to get that pc internet connected but its in the garage and the main router is about as far away as it can get and be in the same house and my wireless bridge attempts have failed miserably. Time to try again. thanks for the help.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Good to hear. Once you update that PC, I'm sure it will work fine.