4.0 upgrade problem/Mac

Get help and insight.
bdeignan
Bot?: No

Re: 4.0 upgrade problem/Mac

Post by bdeignan »

Good eye! The IP address on my last screenshot was when I was at work, just to confirm where I would find the computer log you referred to :-)

When I was connect to my home network and trying to update the BCS was set at a static 192.168.0.91 and the TFTPserver (my Mac) was 192.168.0.114. Same subnet too.

I'll try again this morning and see what the log viewer says. Maybe that will help.
bdeignan

Post by bdeignan »

Wahooooo! :D

Finally! I ended up connecting my Mac and the BCS directly. If anyone else has troubles and comes across this page, here is a combo of things I did.

- I clicked "get info" on the .bin file and under the Sharing and Permissions section set all three categories (me, staff, everyone) to "Read & Write"
- Instead of using TFTPserver, I used TFTP Client (screenshot)
- I set a static IP address on my computer (192.168.0.90) and a static IP on the BCS (192.168.0.91)

After the update I spent quite a while trying to find the BCS but every IP I tried (.91 above & the default 169.254.063) returned a blank page.

- I cycled the BCS off, waited about 20 minutes, drank a beer, then cycled it back on. Still no connection.
- I left the BCS on, unplugged the ethernet cord connected to my Mac and connected it to the repeater. When I typed my static IP .90 the updated BCS came on! Somehow it updated without clearing the IP I assigned it.

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions. I'm stoked to have it up and running... now time to program the beer I'm making tomorrow!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 12.17.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 12.17.38 PM.png (117.59 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Chase1216

Post by Chase1216 »

I am running into the same issue you have and can not get my BCS-460(v3.4.5) to upgrade to any firmware. i have tried it on multiple mac's using TFTP Server, a windows machine using Open TFTP Server and a FreeNAS box to no avail. I have attemped over the network and directly connected still same result. I have tested each TFTP server by pulling the file over the network to another machine with no issue but when the BCS is told to upgrade it just drops it connection and never gets the file. I went through all the logs and the BCS never even makes a request for the file while all other machines on the network do with out issue.

I wanted to know what process you used to get the TFTP Client to work and if anyone has any other tricks on how to get this to upgrade.

Thanks for your help.