Alternate PID

Get help and insight.
BeerHog
Bot?: No

Alternate PID

Post by BeerHog »

Has anyone had any luck using the Alternate PID? My setup matches the Wiki setup on the Alt PID (HLT probe to heat for Mash in, MLT probe for HERMS recirc) , but I am unable to get it to work. It appears like it is running off the normal PID temp probe (HLT probe)for the output instead of the alternate temp probe from the Alt PID settings. I suspect it has to do with the Current State Properties since that section is not displayed in the Wiki and all my other settings mirror the Wiki.
ECC

Re: Alternate PID

Post by ECC »

Did you ever get this working? There was a problem with the temp probe labels not showing the correct temperature association, which is fixed in v3.0+. But to my knowledge the Alt PID was functioning correctly, even thought the labels were wrong on the interface.
BeerHog

Post by BeerHog »

After resetting the unit a couple of times I was able to get the alternate PID to work. I decided to relocate the unit for easier access to the reset button. It seems like I have to reset it every two or so brew sessions, as well as turn it off and on a couple of times every session just to get the unit to work as expected. Here recently, one of the processes has started canceling itself when the out2 kicks in for heat. Sometimes the process stays on for 30 minutes, other times only one or two minutes. The longer the unit is on, the worse it gets.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Yeah, that's definitely not supposed to happen. Something is either programmed wrong, or the BCS needs looked at. Can you post your config file? You can attach it to this forum, or email it to me. I'll look at your process programming to verify that something's not throwing you off. If everything looks good there, then we can either reflash the firmware or replace the unit.