Cant connect at all to BCS 460

Get help and insight.
TheSonofHops
Bot?: No

Re: Cant connect at all to BCS 460

Post by TheSonofHops »

This unit has been in my possession for awhile, but this is the first that I'm trying to use it.

I've done a hard reset (10-15 seconds) and power cycle. There has been no indication that the reset actually happened though as the lights on the front were unchanged.

I have no idea which firmware version it is running as I've never been able to log onto it.

The router I'm using is my primary router for the BCS. Linksys Wrt54g V8.

The computer is getting a DHCP IP address in the correct range.

I'm a bit at a loss.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing any other comments/insights you might be able to provide.

Matt
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Does your router show a list of assigned IP addresses and have you checked that for an entry for the BCS (check the MAC address)?

Depending how long "a while" is, you could be running the 3.x firmware. Which Finder app are you using?
TheSonofHops

Post by TheSonofHops »

My router DHCP table only shows the computer connected to it, not the BCS. The BCS MAC address is not coming up anywhere.

I have tried two different finder apps. Both do nothing when I click refresh. One was for 3.7 the other for 4.0.

Thanks for sparing your time to help with this.
TheSonofHops

Post by TheSonofHops »

So I'm unable to connect. I've tried all the help throughout the forums and the website to no avail. Is it possible to send this unit back for a more thorough looking over?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, just call Brewers Hardware and let them know it is coming back to have it checked out.

Did you buy it new from them or used from someone?
TheSonofHops

Post by TheSonofHops »

Thank Jon for the quick reply. I purchased it as a kit from ebrewsupply. I'll shoot them an email and see where that leads.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

TheSonofHops wrote:Thank Jon for the quick reply. I purchased it as a kit from ebrewsupply. I'll shoot them an email and see where that leads.
Don't they already set them up with programming based on which panel config you get?