Can't connect to BCS462

Get help and insight.
jhirsh
Bot?: No

Can't connect to BCS462

Post by jhirsh »

First time user here.

Lets start with some history:
I ordered my BCS462 as part of an automated electric brew control system from Electric Brewing Supply. It came configured with a wireless router setup as an independent wireless network.

IP address was: 192.168.0.50

I initially logged into it by connecting to that IP address. Following some instructions that came with the control system it recommended i change it to a static IP that would work on my home network.

I logged into it and adjusted the settings to use a static ip Address of 192.168.1.99 (to match my currently configured home network ip range)
I then set the router to to statically assign 192.168.1.99 to the mac address of my bcs462.
After this step i was not able to connect to it again.
also tried bcs finder with no luck.

Today i have spent a few hours trying to get it to work.
I have followed all the recommended network setup steps on the wiki.

I am attempting to direct connect to it with my PC (windows 10 no security software and windows firewall turned off).
I have tried the 10 (15) second hard reset setting my ipv4 adapter manually to 169.254.0.60 - subnet 255.255.0.0.
ran ipconfig to verify settings.
ping 169.254.0.63 and receive destination host unreachable.
bcs finder doesn't find it either
orange light is on and green light blinks a few times after reset.

I have also tried connecting it directly to an airport express as an extension of my wireless network doing the 10 second reset hoping it would grab an IP address, but bcs finder couldn't locate it.

I'm pretty much out of ideas here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan
jhirsh

Re: Can't connect to BCS462

Post by jhirsh »

Update

I have no idea why direct connect doesn't work, but after factory reset and attaching to my router i was able to find it in my router tables.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to BCS462

Post by JonW »

jhirsh wrote:Update

I have no idea why direct connect doesn't work, but after factory reset and attaching to my router i was able to find it in my router tables.
Good to hear. Attaching directly to the router is the suggested solution for configuration as it removes most other networking variables.