Help with wiring the BCS-460

Get help and insight.
Bringbar76
Bot?: No

Re: Help with wiring the BCS-460

Post by Bringbar76 »

SUCCESS!!! Disconnecting all cables and reattach everyone one at a time helped. Now all 3 SSR works as intended. Also the one connected to the boiler and pot. meter. Both NC buttons also gives good signals to the BCS.

The fault I suspect is maybe a wild strand from one of the wires making a destructive circuit or similar. The connector grid on the BCS is very small and trying to fit all wires perfectly is quite tough when the BCS is mounted inside the panel. Well, next time I will go over all wires after installing to make sure there is no fault made.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I learned a lot in the process - and that is part of the fun, is it not?! ;)

Now, the question is if I should upgrade the firmware or not before staring to program..? I had the 4.0 installed earlier, but downgraded when I encountered the mentioned problems.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Good to hear you're running. Nothing more frustrating than thinking everything is set right and you can't figure out why it isn't working.

Yes, by all means, go to 4.0!
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The green terminals on the side of the BCS are removable if you ever need to leave the wiring but want to remove the BCS. Just make sure you mark them so you can return to their proper place.