Big temperature variations

Get help and insight.
Chanbrew
Bot?: No

Big temperature variations

Post by Chanbrew »

image.png
image.png (139.7 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
I have recently started up my system and working through startup. Unfortunates I have wild temperature fluctuations that occur when I have a pump running. I have grounded the bcs to the ac ground. It's petty clear to me that the pump is causing some kind of interference, but what do I do about it? All components are installed in a single nema enclosure and I can't really move them. Is there some kind of shielding I should use? Thanks for all your help!

Note in the picture that the fluctuations stop when I turn off the pump.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Big temperature variations

Post by JonW »

What kind of pump?

Where does your low voltage wiring run in relation to the 110V wiring? Running LV near/along HV is always an issue for electronics.
Chanbrew

Re: Big temperature variations

Post by Chanbrew »

I'm using the standard chugger pumps. All of the cables attach on the bottom of my enclosure just like the electric brewery design from electricbrewery.com. The cables are not in close proximity on the outside of the enclosure. I'm guessing my problem is on the inside of the enclosure. The small wires from the thermistors run over to the bcs and within a few inches of higher voltage wires. Is there any way to shield these?