Discrete Input vs Web Input expected behavior?

Get help and insight.
kwhizr
Bot?: No

Discrete Input vs Web Input expected behavior?

Post by kwhizr »

I'm currently running a BCS-462 with v.4.0.0 firmware. I have it setup to control my HERMS system and I'm programming it to control my fermenters as well. (See recent post: http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2345 here)

I've also just started using Jon W's Desktop and am really impressed. My hope was to use a web input to change a state, instead of hard wiring a button into my completed panel, or onto my freezer somewhere. So I created DINs called "Cool Crash 1" and "Cool Crash 2" and then set them up in my process as inputs for exit conditions. The show up as buttons in the desktop software, but don't do anything when pressed. I assumed (I know... I know...) that it would function as a button. Is this not the case? Do they have to be hard wired into a panel with 5vdc to function as indicators only?

I'm attaching my backup and the desktop config in case anyone wants to take a look at it.

I appreciate any help - couldn't have done this without the forums.
Attachments
bcs-backup-kwhizr.xml
Change to .json
(130.76 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
config-layout-example.xml
(124.68 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Discrete Input vs Web Input expected behavior?

Post by JonW »

As you've learned, 4.0 did away with web inputs. Their only purpose was to trigger an exit condition to jump to another state. Since you can now jump directly to any state within a running process, there is no reason to code both an exit condition and a web input when you can just touch/click the actual state you want to go to.

Scroll image to see annotation I added.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (63.74 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
kwhizr

Re: Discrete Input vs Web Input expected behavior?

Post by kwhizr »

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

Makes sense - so I can do away with the DINs and just jump to the process.

Thanks again Jon. Keep up the great work on the Desktop.