Cannot connect to BCS-460

Get help and insight.
alowell
Bot?: No

Cannot connect to BCS-460

Post by alowell »

Hi, I am literally pulling my hair out with this one. I have always connected to BCS through a wireless bridge and it has been fine. For the past month I cannot connect to BCS-460. The BCS finder utility finds it, but then my internet will not connect to the IP address. I have reboot (15s reset) the system 3 times, hooked it up to the router, and set a static IP address. Even if I hard connect the BCS to my computer, it will not register and I cannot access it with the static IP or the default 169.254.0.63. Nothing.

Like I said, the finder utility finds it every time, but then my computer (and the 2 other computers I tried) will not connect to the IP that it finds. Please help me if you can, I"m about ready to throw things. Thanks!

Andrew
alowell

Re: Cannot connect to BCS-460

Post by alowell »

I should also say that I set the BCS IP address to 192.168.1.6 if that matters
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'm confused. How did you set a static IP if you can't connect?

Direct connect is not a reliable way to connect due to the variables involved in making that method work. Wireless bridges are another source of MANY users networking issues. Have you tried connecting it directly to your router? That will take the direct connect and bridge variables out of the equation.

Edit: In re-reading, it sounds like you could connect just fine when plugged into the router and you were able to set a static IP address. If that is correct, then your problem is either the wireless bridge or the default gateway setting that you've coded into the BCS.
alowell

Post by alowell »

I connected to my router to set the static IP. My router is far from my brewery so I cannot keep it plugged into the router while I brew
alowell

Post by alowell »

I think I May have figured it out. Changed by static IP to 192.168.0.xx as opposed to 192.168.1.xx and it seems to be working
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

When using a static IP, it must be within the subnet range specified by your router.

We always recommend doing DHCP from your router and setting a reservation there instead of assigning a static IP.