Alarm Buzzer/Ladder Logic

Get help and insight.
jayw
Bot?: No

Alarm Buzzer/Ladder Logic

Post by jayw »

The attachments to this post show my existing Ladder Logic using Reg10 to rest Alarm and the wiring of the NO momentary push button.

Does not work, why? When I attempt to start any Processes or State the alarm sounds, nothing will deactivate it, except, All Stop or Pause.

Anyone see the problem with my Ladder Logic or wiring? Also, when I loaded the last version -
Firmware Version 4.0.1 build 84a28e7 the right-hand ladder Logic leg does not show on screen.
Alarm Reset Wiring.pdf
(131.99 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Ladder Logic Screen.jpg
Ladder Logic Screen.jpg (59.34 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
Any help appreciated.
Joe
Old Geezer

OldGeezerBrewery.com
When my system is 100% operational, I will start posting to this site again.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Alarm Buzzer/Ladder Logic

Post by JonW »

The ladder logic looks fine. Without seeing the entirety of your programming, it's really hard to say what's triggering it.

Can you post an xml backup copy of your programming somewhere? You can also e-mail it to me at JonW *at* SurfCityBrewing *dot* com.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I agree with Jon, we need more information about your configuration.

What are you trying to do with the ladder logic? It looks like you want the alarm on all the time except when you're holding down the button?

If you're out of screen real estate you can hide the process bar on the left hand side of the screen with the < indicator located directly below the process list.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

brahn wrote:What are you trying to do with the ladder logic?
He's triggering the alarm with Reg10.
brahn

Post by brahn »

JonW wrote:
brahn wrote:What are you trying to do with the ladder logic?
He's triggering the alarm with Reg10.
Yes, and REG10 is being asserted anytime DIN0 is not on. He does seem to have "Alarm to Reg10" on, which is why OUT17 isn't currently on in the screenshot. I'm trying to understand what he wants the button to do.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I had to dig through the code and test it, I'd completely forgotten you could stop the alarm with Reg 10. I thought it was one way only.

The ladder logic part works fine on my test system.
jayw

Post by jayw »

JonW - Brahn,

Sorry about not replying to your posts a month ago. I was able to figure out why I was getting the Alarm Buzzer tone whenever I attempted to Start a Process/State. After a lot of reading through various posts within the Forum, I found a post somewhere that said do not set an Alarm when exiting state ,if asserting Reg 10 and using ladder logic with a momentary switch. Meaning the drop-down should be set to "None". One misunderstanding solved.

Below is a PrtScn of my Process Editor screen.
Process Editor Screen
Process Editor Screen
Proces Editor Screen.jpg (83.1 KiB) Viewed 5332 times
My question, what is the proper setting for the Start/Stop Process Check boxes. I know checking the Reg10 Asserted when that box is checked.
You can see what I believed this boxes where to control, just what the labels said, Start Process / Stop Process. So, If I was going to run Process 0, I would check that box and have all the rest of the Process Stopped by checking their corresponding boxes.

However, when studying JonW's config .jason file I noticed he did not use the check boxes in none of the process except a couple. Explain the correct use for these control boxes.

As I said in a previous post, a picture is worth more than a thousand words for me in trying to understand something. Maybe, someone else would be willing to provide me with their configure .jason files.

After studying JonW's jason file, I'm in the process of changing what I had setup, which was not completely accomplishing what I believe would happen.

Joe
Joe
Old Geezer

OldGeezerBrewery.com
When my system is 100% operational, I will start posting to this site again.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

You can check a Process Box to ASSERT that Process On Exit.

You can also KILL a Process On Exit.

Basically use an Exit of one State in a Process to Start a different Process at it's State Zero.

You could also use an Exit of one State in a Process to Kill a different Process.

It happens AFTER the EXIT. If you use "Wait For Input" as the Next State of an Exit, it will not ASSERT or Kill until you do something to "really" exit the State.

I have a "Brew Day" Process. My State 0 is Set Strike. I also have a "Set Strike" Process that takes care of All my Strike Water items.
State 1 is "Mash" on my "Brew Day" Process. When I exit my State 0 in the "Brew Day" Process, It KILLS the "Set Strike" Process and ASSERTS my "Mash" Process at it's State Zero ("Obtain Mash)
State 2 is "Boil" on my "Brew Day" Process. When I exit my State 1 in the "Brew Day" Process, It KILLS the "Mash" Process and ASSERTS my "Boil" Process at it's State Zero ("Obtain Boil)
brahn

Post by brahn »

Like oakbarn says, checking those Start/Stop process boxes will assert that action when you exit the state.

So, in your config you're showing us Process 0 "Start Up", which is configured to start Process 0 (Start Up) and stop all other processes whenever you exit the "StrikeWaterFill" state. That's probably not what you want to do. Most likely, the proper setting for you is to leave all of the start/stop process boxes unchecked. I would at least start there. You can add automatically starting/killing processes after you get more comfortable with the system.

The only place I use start/stop process in my configuration is in my Boil process. I have a state called "Bring to Boil" (or something like that). Which I will manually exit by clicking on the next state "Boiling" to start my boil timer. I also have "Bring to Boil" set to start the process "Kettle Additions" which I use to keep track of when to add hops, etc to the boil.