BCS Utilities requirements

Get help and insight.
sunadmn
Bot?: No

BCS Utilities requirements

Post by sunadmn »

Hey all!

First time posting here and need a little help with getting the utilities working again. I had my system all setup and then had a bit of a mishap and had to do a full hard reset. I was able to resore from a previous backup and get almost back to normal. After I did this I have been unable to get the BCS utility to work normally I just drop in my LAN IP and it does it's magic and I can backup/restore without issue. I can navigate to the control page fine yet it cannot connect.

I just did a bit more digging and it appears that there may be an issue with turning on auth and using the utility. I had my own UN/PW set for both view and admin and when set this way no dice with the utility. I unset it back to default and everything connects fine. I am pretty sure this was working before reset with a PW so my question is really around how it works as it would seem perhaps data is being stored in a cookie or something.

Cheers,
-Stephen
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS Utilities requirements

Post by JonW »

The utilities do not work with authentication turned on (they never have).
sunadmn

Re: BCS Utilities requirements

Post by sunadmn »

Well that's no good. Has anyone put any thought into doing some sort of key based auth via and exposed API call?