Also Having Trouble Connecting

Get help and insight.
Dbritt
Bot?: No

Also Having Trouble Connecting

Post by Dbritt »

I have a brand new, from Brewers Hardware 460. It is directly connected to a TP-link router (from E-brew) with the subnet set to 255.255.0.0. I have tried resetting both multiple times, the finder turns up nothing. I tried directly to the computer and nothing. Different cables...nothing. The front lights blink indicating communication but it never gets an IP address. What am I doing wrong?
Dbritt

Re: Also Having Trouble Connecting

Post by Dbritt »

What should the IP range be set to on the router?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Doesn't the router have a default setup?

You'll usually use a class C address in the private address space. Something similar to the following:
IP Range: 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254 (aka 192.168.1.0/24)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway is the address of the router.

Is your TP-Link a wireless repeater or an actual router? Some wireless repeaters don't forward UDP broadcasts which will cause Finder to not work.
Dbritt

Post by Dbritt »

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/tp-link-tl-w ... le-router/

It is this router. I have the BCS plugged into the LAN/WAN port and it recognizes something is there but it just keeps trying to connect but won't. Would a screen shot help?
Dbritt

Post by Dbritt »

I intend to use it as a client but am just trying to directly connect with it for now.
Dbritt

Post by Dbritt »

Well I just went ahead and set the router up in client mode and am now able to connect....so much for baby steps :)
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yeah, connecting issues are usually just networking issues.

It's why we suggest plugging the BCS into your main router to configure it.
smythe

Post by smythe »

Good Afternoon,

My name is Mike. I purchased a BCS 462 about 4 years ago. I have a Netgear AC1900 router and a TP Link Nano Router hooked up to the BCS router and what I am seeing is that every 2 weeks I need to disconnect and reconnect the power to my BCS to get back online.

I am looking to use this system soon for my commercial brewery and would love to resolve this issue.

Could this be a router issue? Do you have any suggestions to properly set this up for my network.

Thanks for your support!

Mike
brahn

Post by brahn »

You've got a lot of variables involved when you add in the wireless connection. I use a TP Link Nano Router for wireless connection while I'm brewing but I don't run it all the time. If possible, I would try keeping the BCS on a wired connection for a while to see if you experience the same issue. If not, then it's probably something to do with the wireless setup. It could be something with one of the two routers, or just weak signal that's causing the issue.
BrewKaiser

Post by BrewKaiser »

First time attempting to connect to the BCS 462 but it appears to be DOA. I tried the finder utility with no luck on multiple devises from my network and router. I double checked the Ethernet cord and verified it is good. I just attempted direct connection to the unit with my laptop using http://169.254.0.63 and connection timed out.

I checked and reconnected the power supply and internal Ethernet cord to the BCS unit. The unit is powered up and on. The internal AC/DC inverter has a power light on. I don't have a multi-meter with me to check voltages coming out.

This is a custom, 50 Amp, 3 element, 3 float control unit from Electric Brew Supply. I have not manually turned the elements on to test as I have a little bit of plumbing left to complete.

Open to any other trouble shooting ideas and suggestions.