Also Having Trouble Connecting

Get help and insight.
brahn
Bot?: No

Re: Also Having Trouble Connecting

Post by brahn »

I just attempted direct connection to the unit with my laptop using http://169.254.0.63 and connection timed out.
I've never heard of this working for anyone, so that doesn't really tell us anything.

More than likely your BCS is fine and you just have some networking issue. There are lights on the ethernet adapter on the BCS. Are these flashing when it's on? What are you connecting the BCS to? Assuming it's a router and the PC is connected to the same router, have you checked the router's interface? It will usually list all of the connected devices and the address it's assigned to them.
BrewKaiser

Post by BrewKaiser »

It's alive. All's well. Helps to connect to correct router.

Thanks for quick response.
BrewKaiser

Post by BrewKaiser »

brahn wrote:

More than likely your BCS is fine and you just have some networking issue. There are lights on the ethernet adapter on the BCS. Are these flashing when it's on? What are you connecting the BCS to? Assuming it's a router and the PC is connected to the same router, have you checked the router's interface? It will usually list all of the connected devices and the address it's assigned to them.
It was a brief moment of victory. I clicked the authentication radio button on the settings screen and it immediately locked me out. Can't access BCS 462 anymore. I researched resetting the BCS on the forum here and found a nice picture with the reset button on the back side...unfortunately, my unit appears to be completely enclosed. I could not find a reset button anywhere on the unit.

Is there another way to reset it? Do I have to remove the blue anodize cover to locate the reset button?

My network uses a MikroTik VPN router. The BCS is connected via Ethernet cable to a to the MikroTik. I'm no IT guy...clearly. Even though my network is secure I wanted an added layer of authentication since I have multiple outside vendors who have maintenance access to my home network/Automation/AV/Security.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

The default username is admin, password is control.
BrewKaiser

Post by BrewKaiser »

SamIam wrote:The default username is admin, password is control.
Thanks! Did the trick. I unchecked "require authentication" for now. Risk of a vendor messing with the BCS is small enough to not risk the hassle of getting locked out.

Just curious, though, where is the reset button on the 462? Is there another means to reset these should future need arise?

I appreciate all the help and support on this thread and others. Obviously just starting to wrap my head around the BCS.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

BrewKaiser wrote:
SamIam wrote:The default username is admin, password is control.
Thanks! Did the trick. I unchecked "require authentication" for now. Risk of a vendor messing with the BCS is small enough to not risk the hassle of getting locked out.

Just curious, though, where is the reset button on the 462? Is there another means to reset these should future need arise?

I appreciate all the help and support on this thread and others. Obviously just starting to wrap my head around the BCS.
Why not use the authentication? You can use the default user/pass or set one you want.

When viewing the BCS from the end with the ethernet jack, the reset button is on the left side. Is your mounting tab covering the hole?