BCS-462 dumping all programming

Get help and insight.
dtfeld
Bot?: No

BCS-462 dumping all programming

Post by dtfeld »

New problem here...hoping this isnt a "dead" BCS-462

My BCS-420 just started to dump all programming, settings processes...basically going back to factory setting every time I cycle power.

Any ideas?
clearwaterbrewer

Re: BCS-462 dumping all programming

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

physically stuck reset switch?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

All data is stored in non-volatile memory, so something triggering the actual reset procedure sounds likely. Like clearwaterbrewer suggested, check if the reset switch is stuck or damaged.
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

I was under the assumption that these units had a finite read/write memory, and I've been making a lot of changes, add to the fact mine has been running 24/7/365 for several years and I thought I might have worn it out.

Regardless, it is up and running again this morning,through no effort on my part, so I'll just keep truckin'.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Flash memory does have a finite read/write life. However, it doesn't all go out at once and only cells within the memory will start to degrade and intermittently lose their ability to properly store data. If this is happening, you'll see some odd characters that appear randomly somewhere in your programming and sometimes even correcting the data you will then see it revert to the odd character. I have a really early BCS unit that has some of this going on, but the unit is still usable.
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

Good to know JonW. Thanks
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

Crazyness continues...

Still randomly dumping the entire setup, random processes and Outputs 0-5 (PWM) not working... :evil:

any ideas??

dtfeld
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Never heard of a BCS doing that before. As suggested before, did you check the reset button to see if it was damaged or stuck? Does it still only lose the programming when you reboot? What firmware version are you using? Have you reloaded the firmware to see if it returns to normal?
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

I pulled the board out and inspected, nothing seemed out of sorts and the reset button still has a definite click so mI assume its OK. Like I said, its partially working.

I'll reload the firmware. Currently using 4.0.1 build 84a28e7
dtfeld

Post by dtfeld »

I reloaded 4.0.0. Still all tbe PWM outs 0-5 are not functioning. Can I send it in for a evaluation?

Its acting different than the last 5-6 years... not sure what changed.