bcs 462 issues

Get help and insight.
islandbrewing
Bot?: No

bcs 462 issues

Post by islandbrewing »

so i have a bcs462 for a while. havent brewed in 2 years. want to get back in to the swing of things. finally figured out the IP address becuase the finder was not working. still have 3.7.1. when i went to upload the new firmware it disconnected my BCS462 and now i cant get it back on line. i tried a 15 sec reset but completely lost now as knowing what to do. i cant find the working finder for pre 4.0. dont really know what else to try. hoping someone can help me out.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: bcs 462 issues

Post by JonW »

islandbrewing

Post by islandbrewing »

JonW wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:57 pm
Here's a copy of the 3.x finder: http://www.SurfCityBrewing.com/Download/BCSfinder.exe
Any idea about the other parts with the update etc?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Hard to say. When you say "i went to upload the new firmware it disconnected my BCS462 and now i cant get it back on line". What is "it" that disconnected the BCS? Did you see your TFTP program send the firmware complete or at all? At a minimum, you needed to power cycle the BCS after the update (unless it was already 4.x) to then get back into it. Upon reboot, it would be trying to get an address via DHCP. Are you doing this with the BCS directly connected to your router or through a wireless bridge (extender)?
islandbrewing

Post by islandbrewing »

JonW wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:53 pm
Hard to say. When you say "i went to upload the new firmware it disconnected my BCS462 and now i cant get it back on line". What is "it" that disconnected the BCS? Did you see your TFTP program send the firmware complete or at all? At a minimum, you needed to power cycle the BCS after the update (unless it was already 4.x) to then get back into it. Upon reboot, it would be trying to get an address via DHCP. Are you doing this with the BCS directly connected to your router or through a wireless bridge (extender)?
the bcs is hard wired to a router in my garage. that router is an access point which hard lined to my main modem/router. i did not see any file transfer at all. when i put the IP address of this computer in nothing happened except fr the BCS becoming disconnected. also im not 100% sure i put the correct ip address in for this computer. im not great with tech but i make great beer. lol.
islandbrewing

Post by islandbrewing »

ok here is an update. i was able to find the bcs while using the old bcs finder. woohoo. now to try and figure out how to update.
islandbrewing

Post by islandbrewing »

new update. i got the bcs updated. woooohooooo. now how do i upload my old brewing configs that i saved right b4 i did the update? god im so dumb with this stuff....
brahn

Post by brahn »

https://embeddedcc.github.io/bcs-config-migrator/

Upload them one at a time there, it will detect the difference between the system config and the processes.