Temp probes, inputs, outputs disabling

Get help and insight.
berrywise
Bot?: No

Temp probes, inputs, outputs disabling

Post by berrywise »

I noticed that when I log into my BCS that many times three or even all four of my temp probe gauges don't show up. Going into the settings I see that along with the probes many of my outputs and inputs have the enabled box unchecked. It isn't the end of the world as I just need to click each one (settings are all still saved as to my coefficients I use) but it seems kinda strange and a pain in the butt if I happen to have to refresh my web connection during a brew day and it happens.

Anyone notice anything like this before?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Temp probes, inputs, outputs disabling

Post by JonW »

Any pattern to when it happens? e.g. after a reboot, config restore, firmware flash? Has it actually happened in the middle of a brew day?

What firmware version are you running?
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

I have yet to find any kind of pattern. It seems like it routinely will disable 3 out of my 4 probes, I'll have to pay attention to if it is the same three. I did do a hard reset just to see if that would shake things but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Overall I have definately noticed a lag in response from my BCS (clicking on processes can take a few seconds, clicking to turn off an alarm you may need to click a half dozen times etc).

My Firmware is Version 4.0.0 build c5bda61

Definitely has me scratching my head!
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

You should start by loading to 4.0.1 - https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2807