how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Get help and insight.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Post by JonW »

I feel for you a bit on this as I myself have the same iPad and the same issue. However, I think we need to keep in mind that even BCS units that are 8+ years old are continually being updated to support the mainstream standards for browsers/UI (not cutting/bleeding edge at all), and it is Apple that has abandoned these devices. While I do use an iPhone and iPad, I personally don't like most devices like these simply because of the closed nature of the ecosystem and being dependent on Apple for what they choose to support. Updating to IOS 11 just cost me a couple of my favorite apps since they were no longer supported due to Apple's move to a 64 bit operating system. Apple is killing me on both ends - not only with older devices, but newer ones too.

Having said all that, Brent is looking at a way to bring a compatibility layer to the JS to possibly support older display devices.
jward
Bot?: No

Re: how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Post by jward »

clearwaterbrewer wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:42 am
... To now have developers come out and say that my three iPads now are all junk for future releases because designing the software to allow browsing via a simple web page is too much to ask?

very frustrated...
I'm frustrated that Apple quit updating the iPads. If you have javascript on a web page it probably should not be considered simple.