how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Get help and insight.
clearwaterbrewer
Bot?: No

how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

In 4.1.1, I am reprogramming my entire BCS by hand... Entire config erased, no ladder logic, registers, etc... no bonding of outputs together or anything like that, just basic new config. There are no other processes turned on.

I configure a state in a new process to turn on output 1 (SSR to heating element) 'Direct', the radio button goes to 'on'

I select 'Direct' for output 2, and it has the radio button for 'on' selected, but it removes the radio button selection for element 1

if i add output three, it removes radio button selection for both the above outputs..
JonW
Site Admin

Re: how to get 2 'Direct' outputs to show 'on' in same state

Post by JonW »

Sounds like this may be related to a web control bug that was also showing on the timers. We have a 4.1.2 coming soon that will fix this.

In the mean time, it is setting the option properly, just not displaying properly.
clearwaterbrewer

OK, I ran into other issues, such as it won't even display on my iPad2, which is a deal killer

I reverted back to 4.0.1 and the 'Direct ON' is fixed, and I can get to it from my iPad...
clearwaterbrewer

and I guess it is a bonus that my config, now re-written by hand from scratch, is clean and free of old code... you really should put a warning in red next to the 'update' button... or better yet, don't wipe the config!
brahn

Post by brahn »

What iOS version is running on your iPad 2?

JonW is right, the Direct ON thing is the same issue as was reported for the multiple DIN exit conditions.
clearwaterbrewer

I am not in front of the iPad today, will check version tomorrow, but I have reasons to not upgrade further.

here is what I got with 4.1.1 before going back:
Attachments
bcs 4.1.1 issue.jpg
bcs 4.1.1 issue.jpg (149.88 KiB) Viewed 12737 times
jward

Post by jward »

Sure as heck, I get that same screen on my IPad2 with Safari and Chrome.
My IPad2 is running IOS 9.3.5 (13G36)
brahn

Post by brahn »

The safari version that ships with iOS 9.3 does not support some of the newer javascript standards and that is probably what's causing the problem. We noted that this mean no more support for IE 10 in the release notes but didn't point out the limitations on older mobile devices. I think all browsers have to use the Safari JS engine on iOS which is why Chrome would have the same issue. Any device running iOS 10 or later should work.

I'll have to look into this one further but for now just have to say 4.1 requires iOS 10+. I believe iOS 10 is compatible with any device released 2012 or later, so this is kind of a niche issue but still one I'd like to have a solution for.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I had the Loading screen when I first updated on my Chrome Browser on Windows 10 and Windows 7. I had to clear my Cache and Browser History. To get it to work.

As an aside: There should be a Warning that Pops UP when doing a Firmware Update: "Do you have a Current Backup? You should have a backup Prior to doing a Firmware Update .
clearwaterbrewer

brahn wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:04 pm
The safari version that ships with iOS 9.3 does not support some of the newer javascript standards and that is probably what's causing the problem. We noted that this mean no more support for IE 10 in the release notes but didn't point out the limitations on older mobile devices. I think all browsers have to use the Safari JS engine on iOS which is why Chrome would have the same issue. Any device running iOS 10 or later should work.

I'll have to look into this one further but for now just have to say 4.1 requires iOS 10+. I believe iOS 10 is compatible with any device released 2012 or later, so this is kind of a niche issue but still one I'd like to have a solution for.
I have owned a 462 since they were new, I have the black one... I have sat and waited for hardware PWM, RTD, and 4-20mA for years... To now have developers come out and say that my three iPads now are all junk for future releases because designing the software to allow browsing via a simple web page is too much to ask?

very frustrated...