Get help and insight.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have it on a battery UPS. There was lighting in the area earlier but it was working then I went to check a temp for my cooling tap water after I did some plumbing and it was “dead”. Not sure when it quit but I do not think a surge because of the ups.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1616
- Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 am
- Bot?: No
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Unfortunately, a UPS only protects the surge coming in from the AC. During lightning storms you can get charges that build up on other wiring that hooks into the BCS and could cause damage. Being in CA, I've not experienced it myself, but I used to see this on the home automation & alarm forums all the time.
Yahoo! Was a router issue! Be nice on the 482 having a power led. I took it off and played with it in my workroom hooked to another router and it is fine. Just replaced the access point and it is working.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests