Can not Restore 462

Get help and insight.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Can not Restore 462

Post by gidi-up »

Had a PWR failure the other day and the 462 came back up with a default config and new IP.

I tried to do a restore from backup and it just gets about 10% and sits there forever.

So I tried to do a back up and same results.

Then I tied to reupgraded to 4.0.1, after the upgrade the 462 came back online, then tried a restore again but same results

Using the online tool: http://embeddedcc.github.io/bcs-backup/

All appears to connect well, it reads the backup file just fine, get 2 green check marks.

PC and BCS in same Layer 2 switch and I have tried 3 different PC's and 1 of them I know worked before to restore and back up.

I tried the latest versions of Chrome, IE and Firefox, FireFox appears to get a bit further but still no restore

Any thoughts? Any debugging tools to use to get more info?

OK, today 6/23 a brand new BCS 462 can not be restored, a issue with the Restore program on line? anyone else able to restore or Backup?

Found the restore changes the Name, email and Require Authentication are updated but that is where it stops

Thanks

Jerry
gidi-up

Re: Can not Restore 462

Post by gidi-up »

OK, I was able to make progress:

1) in the backup.json, had to change : "require_auth":true to "require_auth":false

Then that allowed the setting to restore and Process 0, restored but it stalled

2) Search I found this newer backup program, http://lawn-chair.github.io/bcs-backup/, so I unchecked System Settings and Process 0, then check all the other processes and now the BCS is fully restored.

So something is happening with the backup program it appears

Jerry
kwhizr

Post by kwhizr »

gidi-up wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:00 pm
OK, I was able to make progress:

1) in the backup.json, had to change : "require_auth":true to "require_auth":false

Then that allowed the setting to restore and Process 0, restored but it stalled

2) Search I found this newer backup program, http://lawn-chair.github.io/bcs-backup/, so I unchecked System Settings and Process 0, then check all the other processes and now the BCS is fully restored.

So something is happening with the backup program it appears

Jerry
The above link worked for me. I was able to successfully restore my settings from my BCS-462 to the updated unit. Finally!
Rick Aust

Post by Rick Aust »

I recently (24 July 2018) updated my Firmware from 4.0 to 4.1.2, oh I wish that I didn't.
The update worked fine except my static IP reverted to DHCP that was easy to fix (always happens with updates).
I could no longer access the controller from Chrome on my IPad (forced to use Safari)
The LED display started to display -327 instead of 0 for thermostats not connected (made it harder to read temps)
Updated Firmware to older version 4.0 and spent the next 5 hours trying to get things back to how they were.
In the end I reset the BCS-462 with a match for 10 seconds while power still on, reinstalled Firmware 4.0, restored from backup using the lawn-chair.github.io address and set IP back to static.
Would just like to thank some of the contributors to this site as found their comments very helpful.