BCS-462 Not Functional

Get help and insight.
Long Table
Bot?: No

BCS-462 Not Functional

Post by Long Table »

I run the subject controller for my 4, 7 bbl cellar. I have it configured to communicate directly to my cellar computer via 192.168.0.63. This has worked fine for the past 3 months.

The folowing problems have now shown up and I am not sure to resolve them:

-I can no longer access the controller via 192.168.0.63, however, I stil see flashing lights on the unit at the ethernet port as well as a light on my computer

-The unit no longer appears to be controlling temperature based on the previous setpoints

-In the past, if power was cycled to the unit, the connected loads (pumps via SSRs) would "bump" when the unit powered up. That is to say they would turn on and then off. This no longer occurs when I cycle power.

I have tried restarting my computer and have removed power from the unt for an extended period of time (longer than 5 minutes) and have not realized any changes.

Any advice is very appreciaed.

Chris
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS-462 Not Functional

Post by JonW »

Did you happen to have any kind of surge - power grid or lightning? It's possible the programming has been corrupted.

Have you held the reset button for 12-15 seconds to completely reset the unit and see if you can then see it on the network? (it would go back to DHCP at that point, not your fixed IP address - unless your IP address is set in the router as a reservation for the BCS).

Try the reset first, if successful, then just reload your programming.
Long Table

Post by Long Table »

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried that. I don't think my programming is backed up anywhere, so that's a bummer.

I learned just enough to get this hooked up...
Long Table

Post by Long Table »

Also, not 100% sure the location of this reset button....
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Reset button is in a small hole on the side of the unit. Usea non-metallic object to push in and hold. You can feel the button kind of click when pushed in properly.