BCS Utilities cannot connect

Get help and insight.
JavaBrewer
Bot?: No

BCS Utilities cannot connect

Post by JavaBrewer »

I am trying to use the BCS Utilities (http://lawn-chair.github.io/bcs-recipes/) with my BCS-462 firmware version 4.0.0 build 464d00f. I am using Chrome and have one tab open to my device on port 80. My other tab is on the Utilities site but all my URL attempts result in a red connection indicator. Do I need to update the FW version to make this work?

10.0.0.11/#/settings and developer APIs 10.0.0.11/api/... all work fine.
http://10.0.0.11/ using the BCS Recipe Utility gives me a red connection check

Thanks,
David
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS Utilities cannot connect

Post by JonW »

There have been 4 firmware updates since 4.0.0. Definitely start there.
https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3078
JavaBrewer

Post by JavaBrewer »

Thanks JonW. I updated to latest firmware to 4.1.2 build edf0fe2c and the online tools now connect to my BCS 462. Now just have to figure out why the restore function does not complete. I used the main web interface to configure 4 processes with some basic timers and then did a backup. Then I modified the BCS to clear the settings on one process and tried to restore from the backup. The restore process gets ~ 20% completed and then just hangs. I will inspect the POST/GET content next week.
kwhizr

Post by kwhizr »

I've had the same issue with the 4.1.2 build edf0fe2c on my 462 where when restoring from back up - it stops at 20%. I'm considering restoring to the previous build if possible.
bergerrings

Post by bergerrings »

Hi guys, have you had any progress on this issue? I am having the exact some problem.

Cheers
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

I'll add to the list of users having this issue too. I ended up slowly getting my restore to take by selecting only the System Settings on the restore I then had luck with the rest of the processes by using the lawn-chair version. Not sure if it was a cache issue with the embeddedcc site vs the lawn-chair, or a new chrome bug that popped up (my chrome updated to a new version recently), but something was going on...
Now I'm struggling to get the recipe utility to update using the import settings tool. Seems to not be happy with something I'm giving it.

UPDATE:: Using the Developer tools- (ctrl + shift + i in Chrome) I cleared the local storage from the application tab, reentered the bcs address, and then uploaded the settings file and it worked! Hope that helps others too.