LED displays address change

Get help and insight.
Beermaestro
Bot?: No

LED displays address change

Post by Beermaestro »

I have 4 LED displays wired up in my control panel. They came with addresses programmed to “20”. I was able to change one of the addresses to “2b” but the other three will not scroll through their addresses when holding down the button on the back of the board. My BCS programming has them all set for 2a-2d. The display I changed the address on works as it should and if I change the BCS programming to “20” then the other three displays work as well. So I don’t think I have a wiring problem. Is there another way I can change the address on the led displays other than the button on the back?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: LED displays address change

Post by JonW »

Just push and hold the button - maybe a little harder. Never heard of one not being able to be programmed, but I do know from experience on mine that the little buttons can be a bugger to push and hold.
Beermaestro

Post by Beermaestro »

Yes I have tried pushing them harder but still no change in address. I am stumped unless there is someway to hard program them the address I need them. I bought them off of someone on here so I’d hate to think I was out the money and have to buy new ones. I will say though that they were still new and unused when I got them so I don’t think the person I bought from would have known if this is a real issue.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

With them disconnected, can you try using a DMM and see if the circuit is closed when the button is pressed? That will tell you if the button is defective. I'm not aware of any other way to set the address.