BCS-482 - not all outputs appearing in editor

Get help and insight.
Broph
Bot?: No

BCS-482 - not all outputs appearing in editor

Post by Broph »

I am using outputs 8,9,10,11 and they are enabled, but in the process editor only outputs 0-8 are appearing in my BCS-482. I have tried Chrome on my Mac and PC, and iPhone. All show the same. Is there something else I should be looking for to get them enabled? When I manually active those outputs on the main screen the devices turn on.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
JonW
Site Admin

Re: BCS-482 - not all outputs appearing in editor

Post by JonW »

Sounds like maybe you just collapsed the display. Does the label "Output Control Direct On/Off" appear in the editor screen? Click that and it should expand to show the rest of the outputs.
Broph

Post by Broph »

Just finished my first brew session using the BCS-482, a Gordon Strong Mosiac Double IPA. Before installing the BCS-482, I was using a BCS-460 since 2008/2009 (can't remember its been so long).

Had to use the manual output buttons on the main screen to control my Mashtun, Pump, HLT and RIMS module. It was do able,but...

The Settings - Output section below with all outputs enabled.
BCS-482 Settings - Output section
BCS-482 Settings - Output section
Settings_Outputs.jpeg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
The output section of the process editor. Only Outputs 0-7 listed in the Output Control (Configurable) section. The outputs I want to control are not listed here, but they are in the Output Control (Direct On/Off) section.
Process Editor Screen - Output section
Process Editor Screen - Output section
Process_editor.jpeg (81.39 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

On your 460, you were limited to 6 outputs, all of which had configurable outs. The 482 (just like the 462) has the first 8 outputs as the configurable ones for various temperature control operations. Outs 0-7 can do duty cycle, hyseresis or PID temperature control in addition to direct on/off control. Outputs 8-15 can only do direct on/off control. Simply move your RIMS, burners, etc. to outputs 0-7.
Broph

Post by Broph »

Thanks Jon, I’ll do that. I think I wired it up that way originally because the posts weren’t snapping into place. With the thinner cover that shouldn’t be a problem now.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The other day, I closed the lid to my BCS Box. I had re oriented the wires and had not yet properly secured the BCS 482. All of the Temp probes were way off. I opened the lid and laid out the wires straighter and all is fine. I do not think they wire were getting a good connection with the slight strain on them. Some of that is due to the length of the existing wiring as the connector are now all on one side.