Current Software Version

Get help and insight.
jimg@gsp
Bot?: No

Current Software Version

Post by jimg@gsp »

Sorry if this is obvious and I am missing it......can someone tell me definitively where I can check to verify that I am running the most current version?

Thank you!
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Current Software Version

Post by JonW »

Your firmware version is listed on the "Settings" page of the BCS.

Firmware files are listed here in the forum: https://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewforum.php?f=11
jimg@gsp

Post by jimg@gsp »

Thanks, Jon!
jimg@gsp

Post by jimg@gsp »

I successfully installed v4.1.2. The question I have is why are all of my temperature probes that are unplugged reading -3276.8? They read correctly when plugged in.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

They used to read 0, but that was confusing with those that actually need to display temperatures of 0 (mostly celcius users). It also makes it more obvious when a probe becomes disconnected.

If you have unused temperature inputs, you can disable them on the settings page so they don't display.
jimg@gsp

Post by jimg@gsp »

Thanks, Jon. I understand that I can disable them. My issue is that I have a few auxiliary probes that are set up for multiple uses and they are unplugged when not in use but must remain enabled.

I run a 2.5 BBL system and use all 8 probes. I have a large TV monitor mounted high on a wall in our brewhouse and cast the BCS interface to it. The temp dials are then large enough to read from a distance. If you ever come up with a method to set the unplugged temp probes to zero please let me know.