Authentication Password not Working

Get help and insight.
Fredthebuilder
Bot?: No

Authentication Password not Working

Post by Fredthebuilder »

I have recently changed my isp and have gone through the steps of reconnecting and port forwarding my BCS-462. The last time I had it port forwarded, I do not believe I had set-up Authentication. This time I thought I would go ahead and set it up.

I first tried to set a password, but is didn't seem to save. So then I read carefully and checked the box with the big caution note by it. It immediately requested/required the user name and password. I tried the default Username: Admin Password: control and it did not work. It is possible that years ago I did set a username and password (I sure don't remember it though). I have tried every combination that I can think of, or have ever used to no avail.

Question 1. My BCS-462 was previously on a different firmware, is it possible that there was a different default Username & Password that was stored?

Question 2. If I get to a point where all hope is lost of guessing or finding the right password, what are my options? Is the only solution to do a hard reset?
If so, will I lose the 4.1 Firmware update? I'm not too concerned about my configuration file, been wanting to start with a clean slate anyway. However, I had one heck of a time getting the firmware to update and would really like to avoid that if at all possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Authentication Password not Working

Post by JonW »

There are no changes to default passwords between firmware versions. Above you list "Admin" as the username, but the default is lowercase "admin".

Yes, if you can't figure it out, you'll need to do a reset and then reload your config file. Firmware does not change after a reset - it is written into non-volatile memory in the BCS.

Try the lowercase admin first.
Fredthebuilder

Re: Authentication Password not Working

Post by Fredthebuilder »

Thank you for such a quick response! I tried the lower case too, no es bueno. I am super glad the firmware will stay intact. I’ll work on the reset next.