Recipe Builder Issues

Get help and insight.
kdog_x
Bot?: No

Recipe Builder Issues

Post by kdog_x »

I have a BCS-462 and I'm having trouble with the recipe builder losing all of it's information on me. I have re-entered all of my variables a couple times now and everything works as expected. I go through the brew day and afterwards I've power cycled the unit a couple times and can still re-connect and get back into the recipe builder with expected results. Then after my brew day I shut it down down for a couple days to a couple weeks between brews and the variables and recipe info are all gone when I reconnect. All of my processes in the process editor are still there and the recipe builder says it's connecting to the BCS before it shows the empty variables page. I can re-enter them and it will save whatever I enter for some time.

I updated to the latest firmware version, The BCS has a reserved address with the modem. I've tried Mozilla and Chrome with the same results. I've had it all disappear and then a few days later I'll turn it on and the recipe builder has all of the info again, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's very frustrating starting your brew day having to enter 50 variables all over again, or manually editing everything as you go. Any ideas?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Recipe Builder Issues

Post by JonW »

The recipe data is stored in your browser cache, not in the BCS. Sounds like you're either clearing the cache or using different profiles.

Are you seriously setting up 50 variables?
kdog_x

Re: Recipe Builder Issues

Post by kdog_x »

Ah, that makes sense. I believe my browser clears the cache when it is closed, I'll have to change the settings. Thanks!

I do have about 40 lines worth of variable references in the recipe builder. That only adds up to a dozen or so variables, but I always mis-enter or forget to enter a few every time I re-enter them, when you're expecting the system to run through multiple steps back to back automatically it's maddening to see that it hung up while you weren't watching! :)