BCS 482 Not working correctly

Get help and insight.
Medic_Slim
Bot?: No

BCS 482 Not working correctly

Post by Medic_Slim »

Hello, Anyone having issues with the 482? I just got mine wired up to my existing panel. I removed the 462 and replaced with 482. But my 482 will lock up requiring a reboot. When it reboots it has lost it's entire config. Another problem I am having is the unit will not follow the programmed logic. Example when Process 1 state 4 ends it is programmed to start process 2. but the unit will start process 3. No idea why it's doing this. Anyone have any ideas?
oakbarn

Re: BCS 482 Not working correctly

Post by oakbarn »

I have found issues with the 482 when you use a 462 file to restore. It has an issue that cause is to fail to an “All Outs On” mode that is more prevelant in a 462 Restore, but also happens without a restore. I would suggest that you Reset to Factory Defaults using the 15 second reset by holding down my the Reset button for 15 seconds. Rebuild your processes from scratch. Make a backup but do not use the one in Settings as it is broken, at least for. 482. I am away from my computer but will add the link to the correct backup in the next post. After you rebuild, make a backup!
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I have not had the issue with the wrong Process Starting or Stopping so it may be operator error. Here is a link to the 482 Backup:

http://lawn-chair.github.io/bcs-backup/
Medic_Slim

Post by Medic_Slim »

Thanks for the info. This was a brand new unit and tried to do a fresh build out of the box. Never tried to restore from a 462. Anyway I will do a hard rest and and try my build again. I thought it was operator error also when it happened but I could duplicate it multiple times. If I changed the state to any other process to start it would work. Just not process 2. Idk. Sounds odd to me. I will let you know what happens. I may even try to reflash firmware.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I just tried it on my 482.

Process 1 State 4 on exit Start Process 2.
p14Srat2.png
p14Srat2.png (86.14 KiB) Viewed 8672 times
Mine works fine. Do you have Process 2 in a Coil Slot of the Ladder Logic? I have found that to be an issue as you lose all control of the Process except through Ladder Logic.